Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Up from the Dead

Happy to be up and moving and doing art and posting. It has been a dreadful couple of weeks. I am originally from California and since I have moved to the Midwest, I am sick from October through mid April. This year, I thought I had beat being ill, but low and behold, right before Christmas-BAM!!! Same junk every year, respiratory stuff. I went AWOL on the antibiotics after my third round (the last at 12.00 a tablet). Well, turns out I am low on vitamin D. I am happy to say I am now heavily "D"-eeed up! What a relief. I am so happy to feel fabulous and not just go through the motions or worse yet, not go through the motions; and its only January! YIPPY-SKIPPY!!!!!!

As a complete aside, I lost the paper doll for my "Hot Flash" piece. Temporary of course, but stressful, none the less. Worked on the exterior sides and back last night. Still haven't found all of the perfect items. Very, very close. I have used some vintage jewelry and vintage cigar bands on the exterior. Moving the exterior from hot to coolish in the very back. Taking my first oil painting class tomorrow, missed the class last week due to the zero degree weather. Not so good for my ear infection, so inside I stayed.

I have decided to go back to college to finish my BA; can I say getting through the three inch file has taken up a day or so this week. It's hard when you originally started in 1980. Change of course catalog, don't you know. I quit as a Senior in 1983, not so smart. Ugggg. However, I don't need that many units to finish and I must have really good Karma-I applied for an exciting internship possibility yesterday, that I didn't know existed. I have my fingers crossed!

Having dinner tonight with the fabulous Tracy Zeller. She started her own business several years ago, doing the very thing she loved. I contacted her right before Christmas, possibly her busiest time of year (jewelry) and she very graciously made arrangements to have dinner with me so I could pick her brain. Lucky, lucky me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Scarlet, I'm so sorry to hear you were ill but relieved to hear you're feeling much better! I hope you enjoy your dinner and how exciting you're finishing up your degree - whoot! Best of luck sweet friend!♥