Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Cards





Here are some of the belated photos of the hanging cards I made for Friends. Naturally they haven't received them yet (leaning toward a "Christmas Month-kinda like "Birthday Month"). Good news or bad, not sure, but these three girls aren't blog followers, so posting them is a OK! I went to a yard sale several years ago and bought this great plywood boxes, they sold the whole group to me. I think there were 25 or 30 in all. The boxes had lids and sometimes my boxes don't need lids and naturally I couldn't just throw them out. So I made these little hanging plaques-I actually like them. There are vintage buttons, old lace pieces, velvet ribbon remnants, pieces from vintage cards, old sheet music and lots of gold and silver paint! Funny enough, I thought that a two dimensional piece would be easier or should I say faster to make. Silly me, I still had to find parts....LOL! Have a Creative Day!! S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cards are absolutely gorgeous Scarlet, beautiful work. I'm sure the lucky recipients will LOVE them!