Monday, January 5, 2009

My Puppies



Here are my puppies in their new chair. Molly is on the second floor, she is nine and Gizmo is on the first floor, he is a year and a half. Notice Gizmo is perched on a new pillow I made-cut velvet no less. He does have good taste!

We were given Gizmo just when he had turned one. The original owner couldn't keep him. We gladly took him, however we didn't know how thin he was until we had him for a day or two. He was smaller than Molly when we got him, now he can stand over the top of her and not touch the top of her back. He has developed a new personality, he is extremely clumsy, hungry all the time and adore's Miss Molly; who mostly just tolerates his presence. He is also of the opinion that if my husband and I get in the car, that is where he should be getting himself to as well.

Finished up several projects. 3 D Christmas plaques, for my girlfriends. Completed my first "comfort doll, she is beautiful although a little unbalanced. The second one is ready for stitching together for stuffing, the second one was much easier than the first and I am guessing that the third one will be a piece of cake. I made gorgeous button and paper clip magnets for my wall calendar. With all of the buttons I have you would have thought that would have been easily accomplished, but the size I had to use to make it all work was very specific and I couldn't bear to cut off the shank of a button to use it as a magnet! I finished two 4 X 4 pieces that hadn't been just right. I didn't manage to find anything for my hot flash box...I just know it will come to me this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh your little darlings are SO cute!! Thanks so much for sharing about them.

I'm sure inspiration will come to you for your hot flash box, usually does when we aren't looking for it. ;-)

Wishing you a wonderful week my dear friend.♥

Scarlet Fields said...

You wont believe it, my husband wants to know why the puppies made it on the blog before he did? So much for trying not to be too personal-LOL

Anonymous said...

Hah! Oh that is just too cute! Ok, time to put the hubby in the spotlight. ;-) Let's see, if there were one of those little voting gadgets here I'd vote for the him next.

Oh and by the way, I told my son you referred to his blog. He's been so busy with school he hasn't been able to post lately but he was flattered and delighted to hear about your posting and will be visiting soon.

Oh, one last note... have you entered my giveaway yet? I don't believe I saw your name in the pool yet. ;-)

Ok, off to keep searching for long lash yarn (that's not the actual name of it so I have to find a link I can send you for an example).
hugs♥