Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hot Flash!











I have been working on this box since before Christmas. I just hate it when I have an idea and it has to come to a complete and utter stand still because I am missing parts! The box itself I have been saving since it was opened on New Year's Eve 1999-the bottle was emptied by my cousins and me. It was the start of a very good year. I picked up the paper, just because; horded said paper until this box idea. The paper doll I found in a game box, misplaced I am sure by the original owner. Yes, the matches really are covered in ruby red glitter. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for glitter! I am really needing something to indicate heat, something(s) really small and relatively inexpensive, I need a lot of whatever it is. I just know, I will know it when I see it-however I would prefer sooner rather than later. If you think of something I can use, please don't hesitate to share, I am starting to go a little crazy. Have a terrific Day!!!

4 comments:

Junkstylediva said...

A comfort doll...sounds interesting...I too have unfinished art due to missing materials...no job yet, but I'm still looking...have fun creating! Inge

Scarlet Fields said...

Hey Inge! I should be able to post the dolls in a day or so and I will post the link where I found them as well. I havent decided if missing material is a good thing or a bad thing-I think it depends on my pocket book. Happy hunting-S

Anonymous said...

Gee the only thing that comes to mind is fire rather than heat and I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. The fire I have in mind is a long lash fiber in red and orange. Let me know if you're thinking of something else. (just LOVE those matchsticks!)

Scarlet Fields said...

Long Lash Fiber? I dont think I know what that is? Is it like eyelash fringe, that you use on pillows? I'm glad you like the matchsticks, I really love them!