Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Inner Diva


Here is a little 4 X 4. I finally completed it over the weekend. The little swirls are black sequins that I painstakingly cut off of an elastic trim, that I seem to have just oodles of. I had been looking for the perfect thing, and there is was right in the trim box...the trim is something my grandmother got from somewhere, I have two bolts. OK, really; I don't need to two perfect bolts of 1970's, one inch, stretchy, black sequin trim. I have had it for at least ten years and have used it only on two projects, I used the trim in its original state. I finally decided to tear a piece of trim up, four sequins across, so it only took about six inches and I have sequins to spare. I love them on the swirly things-they are just the detail I was searching for. The background is acrylic paint. I adhered a piece of a sewing pattern over the paint with gloss gel medium. My Diva is from a magazine advertisement that I clipped sometime over the summer-I love the big, dark sunglasses, and the giant hat. The feather is a real feather attached with gloss gel medium, the feather is from an old beat up Mardi Gras mask, found at a yard sale. I kept the thing only for the feathers, you know they are getting harder and harder to come by.
On another note, I was a good girl and went to my Pilate's class this morning....I met another artist. Cynthia Watson. She was also being a very good girl. I had heard of her, but I had never met her, so that was big fun. She makes lovely pendants from used coffee filters-how cool is that? Not to mention the pendants she had with her were absolutely gorgeous. I am looking forward to getting to know her better!

No comments: