Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tagged!

I was tagged several weeks ago ( October 20th) and have been on a complete freak out ever since! I am so new at blogging and technology is not my forte and good grief I have such a tough act to follow.... so here goes...

First the rules
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2.Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by including links to their blosgs.
4.Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

Here are my seven things.

1. I was born and raised in California and lived there until I married my husband. Six months later we moved to the Mid-West. Just in time for the Oklahoma City bombing. We had been in Oklahoma City for about a week or so and were on our way downtown to pick up my car. The experience changed my perspective on people helping one another-in a good way.

2. I believe Chocolate is the most important food group (I do know it isnt a "real" food group, but hey it is my list).

3. I am afraid of failure so I never achieve real success.

4. I am not brave but have aspirations...

5. I married my husband and our daughters and it was the best personal choice I have ever made. My husband puts up with me and all of my quirks! Lucky me, I couldnt possibly have two more beautiful, intelligent, strong, giving or talented daughters. Did I mention our daughters are gorgeous?

6. I love Madonna-every version (Much to my husband's dissappointment).

7. I dissected my first doll about 30 days ago. I usually buy dolls that are already broken up, however, when I decided to do a self portrait, I took apart one of my own dolls. I am sure if my Aunt is reading this she is having a spell. I think that doll parts are like abandoned love and I like to make homes for the lost pieces I find; if I can.

I am not known to follow rules, exactly, so I am borrowing from manamoon.blogspot.

The Luna Award for spreading the Light of Hope and Inspiration.

This award goes to anyone who brightens our days through their wonderfully written, deeply inspiring, often comical and unending, hopeful blog posts. So without further adieu, here are the the authors and blogs I follow for inspiration...







Each recipient should post an image of the award along with the person who they recieved it from. They should then pass the award on to seven others whose writing fills them with Hope and Inspiration. Thanks to all of you! Scarlet

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Scarlet, you did a BEAUTIFUL job and I loved reading about you and getting to know you better!

I join you in the fear of failure and was shocked to hear you had to experience the Oklahoma City bombing first hand!

You have the blessings of a lifetime in your husband and daughters so in truth what more could we ask for than these treasures.

Really wonderful job dear friend♥

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Scarlet,
Thanks for dropping by my blog and for the sweet comments. I love yours!! So glad I have found you now.

I just returned yesterday from gorgeous, chilly NYC weather where I was thrilled to wear my winter coat and boots... so yes, we are experiencing abnormal temps here and I am not too thrilled about it. It will be in the high 80's at least. Sigh. I wish it would cool down.

Thanks again and have a lovely weekend!

Holly

girlgonethreadwild said...

I have Scarlett FEVER!

Thank you sew much for nominatN' me for your kind award. I've been horribly LATE getting back to you, I do hope you haven't taken it away. (lol)

What a fun blog you have and that you said the SWEET things you did about (us) bloggers just makes my heart smile BIG.

So many curiously wonderful blogs around town (yours included), so little time. Where have the days gone???

I look forward to following your journey... however couragous it will be! Now throw some Madonna on and DANCE your way to success!

xo, me :)