Monday, November 17, 2008

Proof of Clean Studio

Here is proof of my ever so clean and has been for three weeks-happy art making studio spot! Every little thing in its very own home. Labels galore and projects in process that I can actually find. I am using scrape booking paper storage boxes for future art box pieces that don't have all of their individual parts yet. I just labeled the storage boxes with the name of the future art box and stacked them on the same shelf for easy finding.

Here is the abalone shell with a new use...scraps of things that aren't where they need to be yet. Currently holding a picture from a sewing instruction book, Venus of Wilendorf and a button card that has had the middle cut out for a future photo as yet to be found, there is also a scrap of a music book that is so old I just couldn't bare to throw it a way. When the abalone shell is full, I have to stop whatever I'm doing and find permanent homes for everyone in the abalone shell...really, its working so far.

This is a hand painted purse that holds brushes. Another little thing that I couldn't part with. I have the purse hanging on the wall so I don't have to take up any flat work spaces

Here is a collection of cups from various auctions. The little creamer that looks like a house; belonged to my great grandmother. I just love that I can look at the little creamer whenever I want, I don't think it will ever be used for an art box.



Finally, all of my buttons!! One place, all separated-color, size, material, good buttons, not so good buttons, vintage buttons, buttons for garments, buttons for art and buttons I will never part with. I cant believe I never got around to sorting them all out sooner, they are all so beautiful and now that they are so tidy I can show them off!
A friend of mine, gave me the sign "Goddesses Gather Here". I have been making a point of starting and ending my day here in my little spot where I create. I didn't realize that you could "nest" in your creative space, but that is indeed what I am doing.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my lady, you ARE organized! Everything looks so perfect, it's just such a lovely creative place!! Ah and nesting, yes, I certainly have taken up nesting in my studio but never thought of it that way - beautifully stated!

girlgonethreadwild said...

I'd just LOVE to crawl into your ORGANIZED collections, especially to sit in that teacup and gaze at all the glorious things you have!

So happy I stopped by to pour over your wonderful blog today!

xo, Monica :)

Scarlet Fields said...

Thank YOU!!! I actually played hookie a bit yesterday afternoon and when I was done playing in my little nest-I really did put everything away! How weird is that?