Thursday, October 2, 2008

Time To Be This Part Of Me


Yes, her little head is indeed upside down-she is waiting for the glue to dry...this is a work in progress; "To Be". A friend of mine the other day said the most amazing thing to me; "Take the time to be that part of you". It is so true that the creative part of me I mostly, "have" to make time for. When you have to make time to do, what you love to do, it becomes one of the things on the "to do" list. A chore, just one more thing to check off before the end of the day. I am hoping that by working everyday no matter what, that making art will be like cooking dinner when I get home at night. Cooking dinner is just something you do, I want spending time in my studio to be just like that; something I do.

Posted myself on "Flickr" today. I am exhausted from all of the technical stuff that I am just clumsy and slow with. Too many late nights and early mornings this week. I am so happy tomorrow is Friday-Until then

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you're having a beautifully creative weekend my friend and I loved what your friend said. When someone is as creative as you, it's a requirement to renourish your soul through artist expression.