Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Whew!!


I am so glad the ONB pieces are on their little pedestals and just waiting for comments. Seven pieces in all, "Another Embarrassing Moment" had a little accident on the way and is awaiting repairs. Naturally, I have not taken photos as per usual. Shame on me! I have such an aversion to picture taking for some reason-I want everything to be just right or I don't want to take the picture. Not really a particularly good way to do things. Something would be better than nothing and all that...
My studio now officially looks like a bomb has gone off. I have parts everywhere and there just aren't enough flat spots. Food for thought, take that Hoosier out and replace it with shelves and a long work shelf on top of some kind of small cubbie storage shelving. Everything I work with is so small, even when you contain stuff it still has to go someplace. I think this is going to require a bit of space planning-sounds official doesn't it?
I am dangerously low on boxes to work with. I did my first 3-D piece without a box, as I couldn't find one the correct size. I also did my first box that was not black..."I want to be Malibu Barbie" is white/off white. I guess the good news is-I must be growing creatively or I think I would have been a stressed out puddle on the floor, due to lack of appropriate supplies. I just keep thinking; "use what you have"! Luckily there are several auctions this weekend and I think I am going to invite my husband on a treasure hunt. It will most likely be one of the last fabulous weekends before the real weather begins.
Thanks to Amy for the reminder yesterday-much appreciated!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I've felt like that puddle on the floor before and doesn't it always seem as just when we get things straightened out it's a disastrous whirlwind again? Hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy those auctions!