Thursday, October 16, 2008

Time Flying By...



Here is the very bottom half of "Too Be". Just a little time taking flight at just the right moment. I love that the clock is nesting in the softest fur; ever. I seem to be obsessed with time and the forms it takes, including the lack of...


Here we are close up and personal. I know that in movies the crazy, psycho killer, chops up the doll into teeny, tiny pieces-news flash-it is not easy! I had to use a serrated knife and huge amounts of energy to do a little reconstructive surgery on "Ms. Thing"

This a close up of the right hand door of this piece. The top card is a busy bee, working, working and working. The middle card is from the art piece "Chance" that is currently patiently waiting on a magazine submission. The last card is my wish to be courageous and more like my favorite artist Ann.


This is a close up of the left door. The top card holds the description of an object-which is how I feel I started. The second card is a collage of artists I liked in college. The last card is photo of my own personal eight ball, the kind you would ask questions to; as a kid, shake the eight ball and read what it had to say on the bottom. I laid it on top of a road map, the flip side has a grade card from my first art class in college. I know, really, who keeps that stuff?



Here she is in the atrium at the ONB Building. Not a very good photo, too late in the afternoon for photos. I really love this piece and am not entirely sure that it is complete. I think it is the only piece I have ever done that has something to do with me and my life specifically. I thought that being an artist was one thing in my twenties, another in my thirties and as each day passes I find myself defining "artist' in different and more meaningful ways. Now that I am meeting artists on line and reading blogs from other artists, I am amazed how much we are all the same in our efforts. Some of us are much braver than others and age does not seem to be the deciding factor. For me, I want to pass on the gift I have to others, whether is through my art or encouragement to others to make their art.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh this piece is absolutely gorgeous Scarlet! I really love it!! You're SO talented! Love the new blog look too, just fabulous!!

Scarlet Fields said...

Thanks so much to my favorite blog person-although I have to say Josh is creeping up on you!!! Stay tuned for the PJ Strike Piece! XOXO Scarlet

Jack and Cat Curio said...

OMG I love this piece! I am a huge fan of bees and creepy dolls.
-Lesley

Sherry said...

This is an amazing piece of art. I love that you created it from "you" and that it is representative to and about you. I also like that you said you aren't sure it's finished...much like life. Sometimes we think a part of our life is "over" and yet there may just be more to do.