Monday, October 13, 2008

Chocolate Pumkins


I did a lot of stuff that needed to be done and hadn't been done in quite some time. OK, that could also be an excuse not to enter the disaster area, lovingly referred to as "studio". The biggest thing I did on Saturday was to make these fabulous cakes that look like little pumpkins. No, that was not on the "to be done" list. Not my idea of course, a "Southern Living" idea-plucked from one of the endless supplies of magazines a friend of mine drops off to me almost weekly. Oh, my; oh my!! I had trouble finding marzipan-I do live in a small mid western town. I'm sure I went looking in all of the wrong places, when I finally found it, I didn't care how much it cost (always bad)! I didn't have a pan large enough, so I had to bake two separate batches of mini bundt cakes, which means I had four left over cakes-hubby loved that. I made my first chocolate glaze, I would have done it sooner but I had some crazy idea that it was too complicated for me. Easy Peasy-go make some! PS-I will be happy to pass along the recipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh those look absolutely scrumptious but almost too whimsical to eat!! Gorgeous!! Ok, I'll bite... I'll take the recipe! Now to find that marzipan, hmmmm...