Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Trains of Thought


Sometimes I wonder at my thought process and how a wedding cake topper can turn into the search for things that relate to games and gambling. My thoughts sometimes do a slow meander and it takes weeks for me to reach a moment in my thoughts where I know just exactly what to do next. Other times my thoughts are like a rock skipping across the water and the jump from one thought to the next doesn't seem to connect, but then a thought or two later I have somehow found the perfect solution. This is a photo of some of the objects for the box I am working on right now. Mardi Gras babies; a friend gave me. The babies are supposed to go in a Mardi Gras cake, however, they are a little larger than the standard Mardi Gras cake babies. I knew when I saw them that they were indeed a treasure to be saved for a future project. Old game dice, old domino's, glitter and wish bones complete my initial trip of hunting and gathering. While I was rummaging around in my art finds this morning I noticed my first Mary Jane shoes on a shelf. A box that is much overdue in the making. I can't seem to find the perfect size box and I can't make up my mind about the background. The little shoes are all polished up and ready, the rest of the box is still somehow not quite right in my head. I have made several sketches, but somehow nothing is just right. I am sure the Mary Jane's were the beginning of my love affair with shoes, which could potentially be a series in and of itself. I don't know any girl who doesn't secretly love a good pair of fabulously frivolous shoes. I have a friend who has the most magnificent pair of emerald green silk pumps. I think that was the first pair of shoes I ever saw and knew immediately that they were indeed a very special treasure. I think she would be pleased to know that I am wearing my red, high heeled sandals with the roses across the toes-now there is a chance!


No comments: