Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Parts in Progress


Here is the wedding couple in process, too fun! The dress was a little plain so I glued individual vintage aurora borealis sequins all over the lace. After I did that; the base looked too plain so I added pearl rope and individual pearls to highlight the diamond shapes. Lends a more cake like feel to the topper. The second photo is the top half of the box where the topper is going to rest on the domino dance floor. I like the repetition of the polka dots. I use mirror frequently, in this case the mirror was really needed as the box is deeper than boxes I normally use and it was much to dark in the back of the box. The mirror works to expand the space and also bounces light around the box. The bottom interior of the box is now covered in white feathers; I glued them down with craft glue (what was I thinking?). Feather usage 101: never cut a feather and then try and glue it down-it falls apart. Every time I cut a feather and try and glue it down, I remember that I shouldn't cut the feather before I glue. A little late in the process to be sure; but some days are brand spanking new.
I have been noodling on the Mary Jane's. I am leaning toward a gold leaf background with velvet shoe inserts. It would be fun to have a Faberge looking box for my little shoes, just to marke certain that everyone would know that they were irreplaceable treasures. I thought instead of using glitter for "bling" I could use seed beads in a pattern on the outside of the box. I think that idea is worth a trip to the library to check out some fab egg designs.
The other box that I have been thinking of, is from a game piece that was given to me about six or seven years ago. The game was "Pin the Leaf on David". Big Mike's David of course. I have gathered up plenty of goodies to go in the box, it just hasn't seemed quite enough of the right things. I decided this morning it was because I was morphing my bible stories. Adam and David really didn't have the same performance in the Bible and I guess I made up my own little story to fit my box parts. Now I think the box will be called " I wish I were Adam". I will think on that for a day or two and see if it holds up with the box parts.
Chances for today. Starting a blog post. Closing the office early ( for the weekend). Taking photos of other people's landscaping without their permission.


No comments: