Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Health Hiatus

Thankfully back in the saddle if not moving at full throttle. Its amazing how slow time passes when you can't really do anything. Bed rest has never been my strong suite. I did however manage to put my time in and am enjoying a complete recovery! I have never felt better!! My studio is a mess. The kind where everything needs to be put back where it belongs so you can work with any speed of thought process. I watched entirely too much HGTV and discovered the DIY network. My favorite new program is DIY's "Cool Tools". I could very easily want one of each tool on the show-I don't have any idea what I would do with them, but they do look like a ton of fun.

I successfully separated all of my buttons; a job that took many hours. I divided old from new; plastic from metal and wood; rhinestone from clear. I also divided 2 hole buttons from 4 hole buttons and then of course separated by size and color. A perfect occupation for "bed rest". I spent a lot of time reading and tearing out pages in magazines. A friend gave me several magazines (none of which I subscribe to) that helped pass a good amount of time. I plowed through several beading books, no I don't bead, but beading does seem to be a bit of a rage and I do have some great jewelry findings that I would love to use. Love stories have never been high on my list of reading materials; but another friend donated a bag of romance novels to the "bed rest" cause. I read all of them and was very happy to have them; I will be passing them on.

Started working on my little 4 X 4 paintings which prompted the realization that my little studio had become a mess. I would blame it on Gizmo and Molly, but they are both too short. I started cleaning it up and putting all of my little goodies back in their proper spots. For such a small space the mess should be in a much larger room. I still have some more too go; but at least there are some clean flat surfaces, which is a big improvement. I have been playing with paint pens, which I have not done before. A bit smelly, but the lines are great and much faster and cleaner than a brush.

I will try and post after an after photo this weekend!

No comments: