Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Time Really Does Fly!!


Its official, I have finished school and all of the loose ends have been tied up neatly and put into storage until I apply for grad school in the fall. So, for a little catching up about what I have been doing...making jewelry (who knew) and collecting fabric treasures that I then turn into custom couture pieces. Upcycled and recycled!
This is a wool and silk handbag that I made as a fund raiser for Holly's House, (here in Evansville). I will be selling the bags all year on line and at the second annual "Holly Days" event this fall.
I have been trudging my way through getting a website and the ability to accept credit cards (they call it "virtual merchant")-that has been a job in and of itself. I am not helped by the fact that while I am amazed at all the technology available to us, I am not any good at deciphering how to get from point "a" to point "b". Patience is required, also something I fall a bit short on.
I have been working on Yoga Teacher training via The Yoga Center. Training is not for the faint of heart, but well worth all that I have learned and the new freinds I have made. I have even been inspired to not only buy running shoes but to actually wear them for their intended purpose (thank you Susan).
PS... I am so excited about catching up with you!

No comments: