Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life in the Big City!



Mrs. Hot Flash is taking longer than expected to get dressed; her box is done-FINALLY!!! I borrowed an idea from Sharon's husband and used wire and fabric together for her base that she is perched on. The little base is now perfect-thanks to "D". I did, however, safely misplace the little glitter matchsticks, (the safe place completely escaped me, until five minutes ago). So, I will be completing her tiara and she will be all finished, just in time for the next exhibit!

Weekend was very busy! Gave Gizmo a bone, that he swallowed and proceeded to be sick. I of course, thought I had killed him. Saturday night I couldn't sleep, for fear he was sick, choking or couldn't breath, every time he made a peep. It was a great surprise Sunday morning to find that I had made the social page in the newspaper, (Life in the Big City). I have to share, as it was just the best; "Scarlet Fields' mixed media three-dimensional piece "To Be" was totally fun and whimsical".

Nancy, Jack and Kelley write the "Out and About" portion of the Evansville Courier and Press; our local newspaper. I have never met any of the three of them, and I was so excited that they "Got" the piece. The funny thing about shows is that people aren't usually brave enough to ask about the piece during the opening reception and it is not conventional to have an explanation next to your piece to help the viewers along. 70 Artists are represented with 90 pieces, what an honor to have mine noticed.

Oh yes, Gizmo is just fine and grounded from bones for the rest of his life!

No comments: