Wednesday, February 25, 2009

All About Marketing


Whew! There seems to be something in the air, that is causing many bad moments for me and several people around me. The trend seems to be over, hopefully as of yesterday afternoon. I have been reading and reading and reading on marketing "oneself" as an artist. Should I be an "Artist for Hire"? Should I be the girl who puts "Art In Your Life"? Should I be selling fellow "Artist's" work? Should I do an "Art Consult" in your home or office? I know, I know; I should be doing all of that...so guess what! I am. Working on a website now, or should I say I am researching how to build a website. Websites for dummies-you get the general idea. There are several people in my life who wonder what the hold up has been, those would be the people who know how lacking I am in the world of tech.




Been painting away, here at work (don't tell the boss). Writing on "Why there have never been any "Great" women artist's"; don't get me started. The paper is for class so I will be unable to go full rant. Boy, could I (rant that is)!




The gallery that was showing my work lost their rent agreement unexpectedly, I had to hear about it from the newspaper. All is well, in that I have all of the pieces in the back of my big truck. I was accepted in the "Inspired Women In Art" Show. I have one piece in the show, "To Be"; a self portrait. The Women's Hospital is located: 4199 Gateway Blvd., Newburgh, Indiana. I have three pieces going up at "Penny Lane Coffee House"; located: 600 SE Second Street, Evansville, Indiana. We will be hanging the "Through the Eyes of a Goddess" show on Sunday, March 3rd, just in case you want to come by, say hello, and partake of large quantities of coffee. Opening reception for "Through the Eyes of a Goddess" is on March 7th.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've been busy but no surprise there. It sounds like you're moving forward despite the set back with the gallery and that's wonderful news! Keep up the great work and let me know if you have any questions about web developing (I know, you have a million!). ;-)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend♥