Monday, June 14, 2010

It's Monday again....

I spent a lot of the weekend wondering if it is really possible for a person not to buy anything new and remain fashion forward. To re-phrase, can "I" be fashion forward and not buy anything new. Am I going to have to refrain from running out and buying all of the things I think I need or do I bite the bullet and see what it is really like to "make do" I was thinking about experimenting for a year and blogging my thoughts-mostly to keep me honest. I restructured my first garment this weekend. A white tee shirt that I got black paint on-why do I think white tee-shirts are so fabulous when I can't keep them white, I don't know... the shirt looks amazing. I did some reverse applique and some traditional applique. Thank you to the nice lady who helped me with the "buttonhole" thread. You were so right, the quilting thread worked out very nicely and was much less expensive. I think I will noodle on what the rules should be for my one year experiment. Let me know your thoughts.

No comments: