Thursday, June 12, 2008

How It Begins


This is one of my favorite places to find objects for my artwork. This is Wilson's Auction Center in Historic New Harmony, Indiana. Boxes and boxes of treasures laid out on flat bed trailers. There are usually ten or more trailers full of boxes of all kinds of stuff! I don't know which part of the experience I like best-looking thru the boxes prior to the auction starting or actually getting the final bid on a box of goodies. This is where I bought a box of old wedding items. There was a cake top, a wedding invitation, the announcement from the local paper and a garter still in the box, along with souvenir items from vacations past. When you attend auctions of any kind I think it gets you wondering about the people who owned the items. What happened to them? I have also become a little better at editing my own belongings-Sorta!

No comments: